Guess what? The website you are looking at was built on the Divi Theme. Yes, we are web developers – and should technically have a custom coded site, but given that we give 100% of our time to our clients – we needed something that could give us the look and feel we wanted without having to do custom coding.
We chose Divi a long time ago and have been fans of all of the Elegant Theme products for many years – and they consistently keep getting better and better.
Divi is our go to option for clients that may have a smaller budget and for a lot of our smaller non-profits as it takes custom coding out of the cost equation which offers a more affordable – yet custom option. The LOOK of Divi can be made to accommodate any look and feel you can dream up— we just utilize the core code and then customize the design and functionality to give our clients an affordable website that has everything they need and a look they want.
So what are some of the best features of Divi?
- Ease of use by non-technical clients
- Well coded and responsive
- Easy to use drag and drop editing for creating unique page layouts
- Pre-made page layouts
- Ability to save custom made page layouts
- Control font color, size, add icons and so much more from content blocks.
- Easily add toggle areas, tabbed areas and so much more at the click of a button
- Endless design options – you are only limited by your imagination!
- Reliable developer – we have been using Elegant Themes (makers of Divi) since 2009!
- Frequently updated and new feature releases
OK, so what is the bad stuff – there has to be some!
- Shortcodes – the way the pages are created makes “shortcodes” a part of the content code. You won’t see this on the front end, the shortcodes are in the database, the only reason this may be an issue is if you decide to move in a few years to a non-Divi theme or website. The shortcode would need to be removed from the database.*
- Some have reported an issue with load time because of the extra code Divi comes with – but if proper precautions are taken this should not be too much of an issue.
[button link=”https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/theme-releases/divi-2-5″ type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] Learn More About Divi[/button]
*Divi recently released their Divi Module as a plugin that can be used on ANY THEME. So the shortcode issue in some way has been address! Once you use the Divi Module editor — you won’t want to live without it anyway!
So, can I just do this myself – why do I need you?
You don’t “need” us so to speak, but there is still a learning curve – and design and other integrations you may need help with. It is still a theme and needs setting up and has unique features that may be confusing. Also, if you have a specific design in mind – it may take you a while to figure out how to transpose that look and feel to the theme. We also have a developers license so you would not have to pay for the theme or updates.
So, if you are a do it yourself-er who loves the challenge – then GO FOR it! We would love to see what you can do!
What about other themes?
2 Dogs Design typically does NOT use themes in our web design projects – we work primarily on the Genesis Framework for our custom clients since we find it easy to use, incredibly well coded and loads very fast – but we will use Divi for our clients looking for something more affordable and easy to self manage.
We have recently learned about the Make theme by ThemeFoundry and that looks like a promising option also, so that is another one we may consider in the future.
So what will a Divi website cost me?
One of the reasons we offer Divi is to help smaller business get a professional website at a rate that is more affordable. Most of our B to B clients who decide to go with Divi range from $3,000-$5,000.
Our non-profits typically fall in the $2,000-$3, 000 range.
If you use 2 Dogs Design for your website there will be no charge for the Divi theme as we have a developers license.
Please note that these are just ranges and are subject to change based on the exact needs and functionality you require! If you are interested in a consultation, please feel free to call us at 732.241.5365 or contact us through our website!